Re: [linux-dell-laptops] APM firmware I8100, RH7.2, 16MB NVidia card APIC and Startx??

  • Dr. Keith G. Bowden
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 27, 2002
      Trouble is turning off APM is a shame if you are double booting
      with Microtrash.

      Nvidia only crashes as I understand it when nothing is happening and
      APM comes on.

      Try making sure the screen is always going and monitor it in the BIOS.

      Keith

      NVIDIA
      It seems that APM or APIC do not currently work on the NVIDIA card.
      Do most people set the screen saver and not disable all the power
      management features until NVIDIA creates a driver to support it? Are
      users also diabling and video related video paramters in the power
      management?

      Thanks, Kris