RE: [linux-dell-laptops] Scanmaker 3800 on linux

  • khhde@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2002
      On 27-Feb-02 wljmgb wrote:
      > I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 2500 laptop that came with a
      > scanmaker 3800 scanner. I just installed Linux on the laptop and it
      > works great on WinXP, but I want to get it working on Linux. I can't
      > find drivers for it though. Any one know of any drivers? Or any other
      > suggestions? Thanks

      the "driver" is called sane -- www.sane.org

      since it's most probably usb and most of the usb scanner manucaftorers will
      not tell details for developing drinvers you are most probably out of luck.
      If sanmaker would by any chance be a HP the chances are a little better.

      For USB status in Linux look at http://www.linux-usb.org/

      K.-H.