RE: [linux-dell-laptops] Refund for XP?

  • Karl-Heinz Herrmann
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 27, 2002
      On 27-Feb-02 Frank Lipski wrote:
      > I heard that by never opening XP on my new dell I8100 (install linux
      > from CD,) that I would be able to get a refund from Dell for the cost of
      > XP. Has anyone had any luck with this type of situation? Thanks,

      There are stories (and at least one directly reported story with DELL) that
      for some time (pre XP) there was a sticker on the CD's.
      It said something like "... if you do not agree with these licensing
      conditions you must not open/use it and can receive a *refund* from the
      distributor..."

      Some tried successfully, but it was work and lots of letters.

      try a google on "refund linux windows" or similar, there is a page out there
      with a list of things people tried -- successful or not.

      K.-H.