Redhat 7.2 and XP recovery console

  • klkinney
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2002
      I was following the comments on install instructions and added the
      recovery opiton to my dell 8100 for safety. I wanted to use that to
      edit the boot.ini for dual boot udate for bootsect.lnx.

      IT prompts me for a admin password. I use the password from my admin
      account after coming setup from dell and it doesn't work, try three
      times and have to reboot? Does dell supply the admin password during
      the build or does it came from MS? I called Dell and they didn't have
      a clue even thought the open me material includes it as an option???

      Help??? or can I use the XP regular showing hidden files to edit the
      boot.ini and wait on hold again while I work on it?
      klk