RE: [linux-dell-laptops] Digest Number 152

  • Stuart Blake Tener
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2000
      Craig:

      First of all Dell does not manufacture hard drives, so there is no such
      thing as a "Dell hard drive". As well, I do have a Toshiba hard drive I used
      in my machine (not from Dell) and it worked flawlessly. Also, I have a few
      hard drives I would have interest to sell if that interests you (from 4GB to
      30GB). I am not a reseller, just have some spare hardware about the house.

      Very Respectfully,

      Stuart Blake Tener, IT3, USNR-R, N3GWG
      NCTAMS PAC DET 219
      stuart@...

      west coast: (310)-358-0202 P.O. Box 16043, Beverly Hills, CA 90209-2043
      east coast: (215)-338-6005 P.O. Box 45859, Philadelphia, PA 19149-5859
      Telecopier: (419)-715-6073 fax to email gateway via www.efax.com (it's
      free!)

      JOIN THE US NAVY RESERVE, SERVE YOUR COUNTRY, AND BENEFIT FROM IT ALL.

      Friday, October 06, 2000 4:45 AM

      From: craig@...

      Message: 1
      Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 22:43:29 -0000
      From: craig@...
      Subject: replacement hard drive - Dell only?

      Hi,
      I have a used Dell laptop (Latitude cp 233 Mhx) on which I want to
      install Linux. My initial problem is simply that the hard drive is a
      bit small (at around 2 gig) to have both Windows and Linux. Dell says
      to ONLY use a Dell replacement hard drive. Can anyone tell me if this
      is correct? I can find Maxtor and IMB branded notebook harddrives at
      a parts store a lot cheaper. Could I use one of these instead?

      Craig Hagerman