Re: ximian gnome crash, RH 7.2, I8100

  • tiger_lee007
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 24, 2002
      Hi, I used the 'rpm -Uvh --force libpng...', then reboot, but the
      error message is still created.

      When I book the computer, there is a message "Starting automount:
      automount points not defined". I wonder if this is relevant.

      Thanks,
      Tiger

      --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., <matt@y...> wrote:
      > I agree ... only use '--force' as a last resort ... I forgot about
      > '--replacepkgs --replacefiles'. Good call Rob.
      >
      > - Matt

      I8100
      > Date: Sun 2/24/02 11:06:37 AM
      >
      > I wouldn't use the "--force" option unless absolutely nessessary.
      It can do
      > funny things to your rpm database (like create duplicate
      > entries..
      >
      > Usually --replacepkgs --replacefiles used in combination will work
      in the
      > cases most people just use --force.
      >
      > Rob C.

      Original
      Date: Sat
      > 2/23/02 23:27:11 PM
      >
      > Hi, when I tried to reinstall the libpng with "rpm -ivh libpng..."
      or "rpm
      > -Uvh libpng..." it told me that "libpng is already installed." When
      I tried

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/