[linux-dell-laptops] older latitude

  • sholcom1@utk.edu
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 1999
      I'm a relatively experienced computer person but a newcomer to linux. I've got a Dell Latitude 433c (486sx, 33 mhz, 20 meg ram, 410 meg hd) that I'm considering installing linux on. Does anyone have any advice as to the advisability of this one way or the other?

      Thanks,
      Steve
    • kevin@llanfair.source.co.uk
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 8, 1999
        =109
        > I'm a relatively experienced computer person but a newcomer to linux.
        I've got a Dell Latitude 433c (486sx, 33 mhz, 20 meg ram, 410 meg hd)
        that I'm considering installing linux on. Does anyone have any advice
        as to the advisability of this one way or the other?

        > Thanks,
        > Steve

        I would be interested in this too - I have a Latitude 433mc that I have
        installed Monkey Linux on (ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/distribution
        s/monkey/docs/english.htm), but I can't get the XServer to work.

        Thanks

        Kevin