Re: [linux-dell-laptops] OT: Too bad Dell couldn't have done this:

  • michael carr
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23, 2002
      i know microsoft used to be in the practice of not allowing computer
      resalers to sell M$ operating systems if you supported any other OS.
      that meant that all the big boys would only sell M$ because thats their
      bread and butter. Dell experimented with selling laptops/desktops with
      RedHat installed, but i dont know if they charged for this.

      Its also way harder to have to support a non-M$ OS. their support
      monkeys don't even know M$ stuff well, do you think they'd be able to
      tell you why modprobing your firewire card doesn't work in 2.2.17? :)

      mikey >;)

      http://sports.yahoo.com