RE: [linux-dell-laptops] I8 xterm fontsize

  • khhde@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 23, 2002
      On 23-Feb-2002 piratel2002 wrote:
      > ... please could someone declare me, how i can change the font size
      > for the 'xterm' window by "Gnome", i had only found the size '14', but
      > my resolution for Inspiron8000 is 1600x1200 and so the letters are to
      > small.
      > For a little help i say 'thank you'.

      For a non permanent change have you tried Ctrl-(Right-mouse-button) ?

      Pops up a font menu on real xterms. If it's something else (like rxvt,
      aterm,... sometimes shift-KP-+ or - work.

      For a more permanent solution put something in ~/.Xdefaults or ~/.Xresources :

      this is for a normal display, I just like bold as default font:
      XTerm*font: -*-lucidatypewriter-bold-r-normal-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

      You would like to use 16 or 18 instead of the 12. If it looks ugly try any
      other font you've got on the system. scaleable fonts (ps, ttf) are possible on
      new X-servers as well, but be careful to choose a typewriter font (fixed width
      letters). "xfontsel" helps you select one.

      K.-H.