RE: [linux-dell-laptops] Does the nVIDIA drivers work with kerne

  • khhde@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 23, 2002
      On 22-Feb-2002 peleonk wrote:
      > I just downloaded the last kernel to install it into my i8k.
      > When trying rpm -Uvh kernel*.rpm, i got a message of
      > "failing dependencies with nVIDIA_kernel"
      >
      > Is it not possible to upgrade the kernel?
      > Did you upgrade successfully?

      I upgraded to a 2.4.16 kernel together with the nvida 1.514 (?) drivers a
      little while ago. The rpm's wouldn't work for me, but the source.tgz's did.

      compile problem was with finding the right kernel headers I guess, so having a
      clean installed kernel helped a lot. SuSE did some strange renamings which got
      more then one configure script confused....

      K.-H.