Re: i8kmon, mdk 8.1, what package contains Tk

  • holger2342
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 22, 2002
      > pan:~/tmp/i8kutils-1.11 > ./i8kmon
      > + exec tclsh ./i8kmon --
      > can't find package Tk
      > while executing
      > "package require Tk"
      > (procedure "make_ui" line 15)
      > invoked from within
      > "make_ui"
      > (procedure "main" line 4)
      > invoked from within
      > "main"
      > invoked from within
      > "if {$tcl_interactive == 0} {
      > main
      > vwait exit
      > }"
      > (file "./i8kmon" line 616)
      > pan:~/tmp/i8kutils-1.11 >
      >
      > Should I do some setup of my environment before running it, should it
      > be run as root, or is the script confused by being run within my home
      > directory?

      Hi Peter,

      I had the same problem on mandrake 8.1 - if you do call it with the
      windowing shell
      wish ~/tmp/i8kmon
      (or whereever you put it), it should work.
      I don't remember the exact reason for that anymore, but I think that
      this is mandrake-specific and considered a bug.
      Another possibility is to replace the first line of i8kmon
      #!/bin/sh
      with
      #!/usr/bin/wish

      Greetings,