Re: 3Com 3CCFE575CT network card doesn't work with 7500 on RedHat 6.1

  • cyago@dls.queens.org
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2000
      Reading through the CHANGES file in the 3.1.20 PCMCIA Card Service
      Distribution, I found several bug fixes to the 3CCFE575xx drivers.
      You
      may want to check out this distribution
      (http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net) to see if the problems you're
      experiencing have been resolved.

      The card works for me from startup and I haven't observed the
      "delayed" messages you're reporting. I haven't done any bandwidth
      intensive stuff since getting the laptop. If I experience sluggish
      card performance I'll post a report to this group. The card never got
      detected when I first installed Red Hat Linux 6.1 and worked
      immediately after upgrading the PCMCIA Card Service to 3.1.20.

      Cliff Yago

      --- In linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com, "Liam McAllister"
      <liam.mcallister@b...> wrote:
      > I have similiar problems...
      >
      > I have to ping the gateway or an outside IP before the card "wakes
      up" -
      > although the light does come on for me at start up, the boot up
      sequence
      > says delayed - I don not understand it...
      >
      > Any ideas I would love to know the explainatioj - I am no expert
      >
      > but i find the card crap (my bro and i have identical machines) -
      we
      have