RE: [linux-dell-laptops] How do I configure display for RH 6.1 ru nning on Dell Inspirion 5000?

  • Puttkammer, Roman
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2000
      why not try 6.2, or even redhat 7 (just came out!)

      another possibility: don't install X. then get XFree4, either as
      rpms (which will probably require tons of upgrades,) or get the
      sources from the Xfree website and compile them yourself (if
      you do, make sure you change the installation path to /usr/X11R6.4
      or so, otherwise you'll have problems to install redhat rpms at
      one point.)