Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: Mandrake Linux i8100 How do I swap drives!

  • Walter Logeman
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 17, 2002
      > This is a Mandrake-specific bug, noted in their 8.1 errata. To
      > fix, you must pass nobiospnp as a boot parm. You're best to
      > put it right in your lilo.conf or grub.lst file.

      My floppy works (though for a while it did not as it had caught
      a coin inside it!!) My lilo.conf appended below. I am curious
      how I could make that work with my CD-R in there. I already
      have a CD-RW and DVD in the ficed bay.

      Walter

      lilo.conf:

      boot=/dev/hda
      map=/boot/map
      install=/boot/boot.b
      vga=normal
      default=linux
      keytable=/boot/us.klt
      lba32
      prompt
      timeout=50
      message=/boot/message
      menu-scheme=wb:bw:wb:bw
      image=/boot/vmlinuz
      label=linux
      root=/dev/hda5
      initrd=/boot/initrd.img
      append=" hdb=ide-scsi devfs=mount quiet idebus=66
      ide0=dma ide1=dma nobiospnp"
      vga=794
      read-only
      image=/boot/vmlinuz
      label=linux-nonfb
      root=/dev/hda5
      initrd=/boot/initrd.img
      append=" hdb=ide-scsi devfs=mount"
      read-only
      image=/boot/vmlinuz
      label=failsafe
      root=/dev/hda5
      initrd=/boot/initrd.img
      append=" hdb=ide-scsi devfs=mount failsafe"
      read-only
      other=/dev/hda2
      label=windows
      table=/dev/hda