DRI w/g2go card

  • bh_mayor
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15, 2002
      Linux Dell Users:

      I recently downloaded the source to the nvidia drivers, built
      2.4.18-rc1 and got X up and running with it. I am curious about what
      DRI give you, and if I want to use it, what is necessary for me to do
      to get it running with an NVIDIA 32MB card in an I8100.

      It should be noted that I have X up and running already.

      Stuart
      Beverly Hills, CA
    • Stephen Lau
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 15, 2002
        DRI's main advantage is in 3d accelerated applications like games, or XMMS
        visualisations. It's also useful to me when I do heavy duty graphics
        processing within Matlab or such.

        If you don't use these things, then you probably won't even miss it. :)

        -steve

        --
        stephen lau :: [ldl@...] :: www.grommit.com :: gpg key id: 0x09E5CD21