Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Red Hat's Screwy Init sequence-- PCMCIA Ethernet fix.

  • Peter B. West
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2000
      R.Laitinen@... wrote:

      > OK people... after messing with every config file POSSIBLE, and re-
      > formatting and reinstalling at LEAST 3 times, I was watching my
      > computer boot, and it was starting my Ethernet service BEFORE
      > PCMCIA!! Since it took me about a week to figure this out, I thought
      > I'd post and tell you not to make the same mistake.

      That's the way they designed it. The ethernet intialisation is
      postponed, and when the pcmcia module is started, the redhat scripts
      call the ethernet initialisation scripts again. If you have the pcmcia
      general startup scripts, this will probably not work.

      Peter
      --
      Peter B. West pbwest@... +353 1 637 2455(W)
      "Lord, to whom shall we go?"