[linux-dell-laptops] PCMCIA Modem Recommendation

  • garymk@delphi.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 1999
      Can someone recommend any 56K PCMCIA modem that will work in an
      Inspiron 3200 running Caldera Linux? My 3COM 3CCM156 does not work with
      Linux.

      Mitchell Gary
    • garymk@delphi.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 1999
        garym-@... wrote:
        =102
        > Can someone recommend any 56K PCMCIA modem that will work in an
        > Inspiron 3200 running Caldera Linux? My 3COM 3CCM156 does not work
        with
        > Linux.
        >
        > Mitchell Gary

        To answer my own question, I reinstalled the system from the CD instead
        of the floppy boot diskette. This time, the PCMCIA core was recognized.
        The modem does work.

        mkg
      • Neil
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 1999
          On Fri, 01 Oct 1999 12:42:55 -0700, you wrote:

          >Can someone recommend any 56K PCMCIA modem that will work in an
          >Inspiron 3200 running Caldera Linux? My 3COM 3CCM156 does not work with
          >Linux.

          psion datacom 56k works for me.

          Neil