Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Disable keyboard and touchpad...

  • Thomas Graham
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 28, 2002
      so when I am using external keyboard, the internal keyboard will audo disable ?
      that's sounds good, isn't it ?

      1/31/02 2:31:28 PM, Stephen Lau <ldl@...> wrote:

      > To: linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com
      >
      > From: Stephen Lau <ldl@...>
      > Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:31:28 -0800
      > Subject:Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Disable keyboard and touchpad...
      >

      > it won't cause any problems - they'll appear as just one keyboard.
      >
      > On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 02:26:01PM -0400, Thomas Graham wrote:
      > > hmmmmmm, I do not want to have any problem. how can I config debian if I
      > have two keyboard ? ( one is extra , another one is internal laptop one )
      > > Thanks....
      > > 1/31/02 2:00:09 PM, Stephen Lau <ldl@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > > To: linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com
      > > >
      > > > From: Stephen Lau <ldl@...>
      > > > Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:00:09 -0800
      > > > Subject:Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Disable keyboard and touchpad...
      > > >

      > > > You can disable the touchpad in the bios - I don't think you can
      > disable
      > > > the keyboard though..
      > > >
      > > > -steve

      > ?
      > > > Because I bought the external keyboard and mouse today!. Thanks.
      > > > >

      > > > --
      > > > stephen lau :: [ldl@...] :: www.grommit.com :: gpg key id:
      > > > 0x09E5CD21
      > > >
      > > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > > > []

      > stephen lau :: [ldl@...] :: www.grommit.com :: gpg key id:
      > 0x09E5CD21
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > []

    • Thomas Graham
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 28, 2002
        OH, OK then....
        1/31/02 2:39:55 PM, Stephen Lau <ldl@...> wrote:

        > To: linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com
        >
        > From: Stephen Lau <ldl@...>
        > Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:39:55 -0800
        > Subject:Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Disable keyboard and touchpad...
        >

        > it won't disable - they'll just both work as one keyboard...
        >
        > On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 02:30:54PM -0400, Thomas Graham wrote:
        > > so when I am using external keyboard, the internal keyboard will audo
        > disable ?
        > > that's sounds good, isn't it ?
        > >
        > > 1/31/02 2:31:28 PM, Stephen Lau <ldl@...> wrote:
        > >

        > > > To: linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com
        > > >
        > > > From: Stephen Lau <ldl@...>
        > > > Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:31:28 -0800
        > > > Subject:Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Disable keyboard and touchpad...
        > > >

        > > > it won't cause any problems - they'll appear as just one keyboard.

        > if I
        > > > have two keyboard ? ( one is extra , another one is internal laptop one
        > )

        > > > disable

        > laptop
        > > > ?

        > Service.
        > > > >

        > > > --
        > > > stephen lau :: [ldl@...] :: www.grommit.com :: gpg key id:
        > > > 0x09E5CD21
        > > >
        > > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        > > > []

        > stephen lau :: [ldl@...] :: www.grommit.com :: gpg key id:
        > 0x09E5CD21
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        > []

      • Thomas Graham
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 28, 2002
          what do you mean ? I just do not want to destory that laptop keyboard, because I will press some key a long time ( gaming ) . so I buy an extra one for my girlfriend (
          Dell ins8100 is my gf )
          1/31/02 4:14:41 PM, "---(rick moranis)---" <iamdeus5@...> wrote:

          >Why do you want to disable the keyboard? you can always take apart your
          >laptop and remove the wire that runs from your keyboard to your mother board

        • Stephen Lau
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 31, 2002
            it won't disable - they'll just both work as one keyboard...

            On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 02:30:54PM -0400, Thomas Graham wrote:
            > so when I am using external keyboard, the internal keyboard will audo disable ?
            > that's sounds good, isn't it ?
            >
            > 1/31/02 2:31:28 PM, Stephen Lau <ldl@...> wrote:
            >

            > > To: linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com
            > >
            > > From: Stephen Lau <ldl@...>
            > > Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:31:28 -0800
            > > Subject:Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Disable keyboard and touchpad...
            > >

            > > it won't cause any problems - they'll appear as just one keyboard.
            > >
            > > On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 02:26:01PM -0400, Thomas Graham wrote:
            > > > hmmmmmm, I do not want to have any problem. how can I config debian if I
            > > have two keyboard ? ( one is extra , another one is internal laptop one )
            > > > Thanks....

            > > disable

            > > ?

            > > --