[linux-dell-laptops] Problems w/ Printer and ISP...

  • tjoconnor01@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 1999
      Currently, I am running Redhat 6.0 on an Inspiron 3k and I have the
      following problems...

      If anybody has configured a Printer (HP Deskjet 720C) on an Inspiron, I
      would love your help. I toggled the setting in the bios for the
      parrallel port so that it is not set on PnP anymore. Printtool detects
      a device on /dev/lp0. I attempted to install it using a similar filter
      and the text-only filter as well. However when I print a test page
      nothing happens. Any suggestions I would appreciate.

      Also, I am trying to setup my ISP. I know I need to use PPP but I am
      having problems setting up everything. Any help or directions, I would
      really appreciate. Thanks. --tj

      tjoconnor01@...
    • Neil
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 1999
        On Fri, 01 Oct 1999 09:36:12 -0700, you wrote:

        >Also, I am trying to setup my ISP. I know I need to use PPP but I am
        >having problems setting up everything. Any help or directions, I would
        >really appreciate. Thanks. --tj

        have you got kde installed ? Kde comes with a very easy to use PPP frront end
        called kppp. Otherwise its /usr/doc/howto/ppp-howto.

        Neil