846RE: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: XFree86 4.0

  • Puttkammer, Roman
    Aug 1, 2000
      yep; redhat6.2 includes startup scripts for different login/window
      managers. i don't remember the exact details, but by looking at
      some files you should be able to figure out how it works and how
      to revert to your previous installation:

      check out /etc/inittab for which screen manager is used. standard X
      comes with xdm, redhat uses a script (/etc/X11/prefdm?) to startup
      a specific manager depending on a config file (/etc/sysconfig/desktop?)
      for gnome, you probably want to use gdm instead of xdm.

      hope that helps,
      roman

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic