629Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Inspiron 3800

  • ma9aba@bath.ac.uk
    May 24, 2000
      I had the same problem, and I fixed it by configuring X
      at 16 bits per pixel.
      Have you been able to use the winmodem or the sound car
      with RedHat 6.2? I can't make them work.

      Quoting Jack Skoda <jskoda@...>:

      > I'm trying to get RedHat 6.2 running on an Inspiron
      3800.
      > For some reason, every time I tried to use the normal
      install
      > my screen would turn a lovely shade of white, so I
      did a text
      > install. That seemed to work okay...
      >
      > I've still got some flickering on the LCD when I run
      X. Can
      > someone out there mail me the correct XF86config
      settings?
      > Mine are close but not completely correct.
      >
      > Has anyone solved the sound driver problem?
      >
      > --+----- - - - - - -
      > -- Jack Skoda <jskoda@...>
      > --
      > -- "Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time,
      for that is the stuff
      > -- life is made of." -- Ben Franklin

      > 72% off on Name brand Watches!
      > Come and buy today and get free shipping!

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic