6141Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Partitioning issues
- Sep 1, 2001jan.glaescher@... wrote:
> However, as I already have a WinME partition which is /dev/hda1 (or
> drive C:) I used the PHDISK utility by DELL to create an S2D partition
> as /dev/hda4.
I don't know wether I8100 has another spec as I8000. But DELL says
(http://supprot.dell.com) the utility you need for I8000 is D5788807.exe
and not phdisk as you wrote!!! This utility creates a boot disk, which
creates s2d partition on your harddisk. I used it successfully.
The steps I did:
1. Create s2d disk from the utility above.
2. Delete all partitions
3. Boot from s2d disk and create s2d partition
4. Boot a linux boot disk and create further partitions with linux fdisk
The order I have:
/dev/hda1 s2d (hidden c:)
/dev/hda2 Windows ME
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @... address at http://mail.yahoo.com
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>