5979Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: Dell cancelling Linux on desktop and laptop systems.

  • Norbert Preining
    Aug 21 3:53 PM
      On Die, 21 Aug 2001, avery@... wrote:
      > I see that several people on this list have recently purchased dell
      > laptops with windows, and installed linux themselves. It would be
      > very helpful to know the specifications of the laptops (model,
      > processsor,memory, etc.) and if there were any problems with the
      > installation.

      Inspiron 8000
      Pentium III 700 MHz
      128 MB RAM(sch)
      nvidia geforce2go
      20Gb ide
      internal ltmodem and ethernet combo
      dvd drive
      firewire
      usb ...

      Only thing I haven't tested till now is firewire, everything else is working.

      Best wishes

      Norbert

      Norbert Preining <preining@...>
      University of Technology Vienna, Austria gpg DSA: 0x09C5B094
      SKEGNESS (n.)

      Nose excreta of a malleable consistency.

      --- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic