5115Re: [linux-dell-laptops] computer overheats

  • Joost Kremers
    Jul 4, 2001
      > Is this diagnostic program a windows program oder can I run it from a
      > floppy disk?

      in my case, it's a program on one of the cd's that came with the laptop. (the
      cd 'system software'). you have to put the cd in the cd-rom or dvd and boot
      your machine.

      i gather from the knowledge base that with some computers the diagnostics is
      on a floppy disk, but the procedure is the same: put the floppy in the drive
      and boot the computer.

      the computer will then boot from the cd (or floppy). follow instructions on
      the screen.

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic