5065Re: [linux-dell-laptops] BIOS upgrade to use mks2d?!

  • Thomas Hadig
    Jun 29, 2001
      Hi Lars,

      I had the same problem, you have to use mks2d.exe -f

      Hope this helps.
      Thomas

      > Hi!
      >
      > I have just received my Inspiron 8000 VT, and I am trying to create the s2d
      > partition as described in the FAQ.
      >
      > I have tried the phdisk, which seems to work well, apart from the fact that
      > it is not possible to suspend to the partition it creates (no s2d partition
      > found).
      >
      > When I use the mks2d tool it hangs. But when I reboot there is a partition
      > there, and trying Fn-A gives the message "Suspend to disk failed, BIOS
      > incompatible with MKS2D. BIOS upgrade needed."
      > I have BIOS v "A10", and there is one newer, "A11". Should I do this, or am
      > I doing something wrong?
      >
      > There is only WinME installed at the moment, on a 6.5 G partition. Before
      > that partition there is some free space (280 M). The rest of the disk is empty.
      > Is there anything else you need to know to be able to help me?
      >
      > Lars
      >

      > Lättja - Om du inte har bestämt dig

      Ciao
      Thomas

      Thomas Hadig MS 62, 2575 Sand Hill Road, Menlo Park CA 94025, USA
      hadig@... Tel.: +1 650 926 2810
      http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~hadig/
      In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates ?