4590Re: RedHat 7.1 on Inspiron 8000 failes

  • j.hermsen@chello.nl
    Jun 1, 2001
      Nope, I have only one set, but everything goes realy smooth till it
      starts copying.
      Is there any boot param that I need to give at setup?
      PS, my sysconfiguration only contains the internal modem and I left
      out the PCMCIA cards. Also when I tried Mandrake 8 with one PCMCIA
      card at installation it hung.

      John

      --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., Stephen Lau <slau@u...> wrote:
      > Have you tried a different set of Red Hat CDs?
      >
      > -steve
      >
      > On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 07:17:20AM -0000, j.hermsen@c... wrote:
      > > For me it just died to the shell and told me it was safe to
      reboot.

      > > John
      > >
      > > --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., "Ryurick M. Hristev"
      <physrmh@p...>
      > > wrote:

      > > has
      > > >
      > > > For how long ? When I installed it took 30-60 mins to calculate
      > > whatever.
      > > > Looked like it froze but actually didn't.
      > > >
      > > > --
      > > > Cheers,

      > > > Ryurick M. Hristev ()..
      > > <:-)
      > > > R.Hristev@p... \/ \#/\#/\) What opinions ?

      > stephen lau :: [slau@u...] :: www.whacked.net :: ucsd/cse grad
      student
      > "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open
      one's mouth and remove all doubt."
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic