3441RE: [linux-dell-laptops] Hardware buttons

  • Ryurick M. Hristev
    Mar 29, 2001
      On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, David Rodriguez wrote:

      > I don't have a button with the dell logo. The volume can be used

      Probably something new. There are also the CD buttons with double
      functionality it seems (I've deleted Windows without installing it
      so I don't know what is supposed to do under MS Win)

      > with a modified OSS module for kernels 2.2.18 (at least in the
      > inspiron 5000e) I don't know if that has been ported to 2.4.x
      > kernels or if it works with other maestro soundcards.

      This is the first point, it doesn't. I am using the ALSA driver.

      Second looks to be tied to a particular kernel.

      --
      Cheers,
      Ryurick M. Hristev ()..()/^\/^\ -<:-)