3032Re: [linux-dell-laptops] installing an internal modem in an inspiron 4000 with mandrake 7.2

  • LEon LEvy
    Mar 5, 2001
      ok.. i'll write 3Com!

      thanks!

      -leon

      --- jsc3@... wrote:
      > > --- David Rodriguez <dibeas@...> wrote:
      > dial-up
      > > > COM2.

      > > > I guess that my advice would be to buy a modem. I don't know
      > > > if it's useful, but it is an advice. If your modem is a software
      > > > (winmodem) by 3Com , I don't think it is supported.
      > >
      > > hmm.. well i was hoping for an alternative to that.
      > > if that is the case then i guess i'll just have to rely on windows for
      > > online-enjoyment.
      > >
      > > it seems the the linux community would be able to come up with a way to
      > > install those bad boys.. oh well
      >
      > If 3Com would give out any information on it, then the Linux community
      > would be able to install it; 3Com could also write their own driver for
      > it if they don't want to give out any information about it.
      >
      > Right now, the Lucent Winmodem is the only one with good Linux support,
      > and that is because Lucent made an effort to support Linux.
      >
      > --
      > John Cronin
      > mailto: `echo NjsOc3@... | sed 's/[NOSPAM]//g'`

      =====
      * candy heart , bug bite *
      * http://www.angelfire.com/pop/candyheart *
      * http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bugbite *
      * *
      * po box 163852, sacramento ca, 95816-9852 USA *
      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic