29091USB Ethernet Adapter

  • Donald
    Mar 26, 2013
      I have a Dell XPS M1210 running Linux Centos 5. I am trying to install a USB Ethernet Adapter as I need a second Ethernet connection. My primary Ethernet connection is running fine and is presently giving me internet access. The name on the adapter is "INTELLINET" The GUI is Gnome. When I plug the adapter in one of my USB ports, nothing happens in the Desktop. The adapter come with a small CD disk with two Linux files on it. "Linux_7839.tar" and "MCS7830_FreeBSD.tar" Being new to Linux, I am at a lost in trying to install the driver from these two files! Can anybody help me with this. Thank you.
      Don
      73
      VE3HOL