290[linux-dell-laptops] Re: ATI on CPx H500GT

  • Robin Hillman
    Jan 9, 2000
      I just picked up my Latitude H500GT and installed Linux only to find
      that the ATI Rage Mobility chipset is not yet supported yet but the ATI
      Rage LT Pro chipset are now supported using XFree86 v3.3.5. Check the
      ATI web site
      at http://www.ati.com/na/pages/resource_centre/dev_rel/linux.html
      regarding Xfree86 support for this chipset...... Looks like we're gonna
      have to wait a while !!!

      "james" <jame-@...> wrote:
      =273
      > Hello,
      >
      > Just got a Latitude H500GT w/ATI Rage 3D 8MB video card and installed
      > RedHat6.1. XConfiguration installs the Mach64 server and recommends
      > 1024x768 at 32bpp. When I try to test it the screen turns some funny
      > colors and then dies. If I choose not to test and accept it's values
      > and startx the screen just goes blank. I have tried all resolutions
      and
      > color depths with the same results. I also tried the fix mentioned in
      > how to fix this? I was never able to get it working properly with the
      > CPi400GT w/NeoMagic 256ZX either. Thanks

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic