28945Re: [linux-dell-laptops] internal hard drive DELL800 latitude

  • Jim Diamond
    Dec 14, 2008
      On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 15:59 (-0600), bil wrote:

      > I remember reading some battery performanace tests, from Phronix I
      > think, that said 5200 rpm provided better life
      The specs I read from the manufacturers indicated the newer generation
      7200's were no more power hungry than the older 5400's. I didn't look
      and see if the newer 5400's (if there were any at the time) were
      different than the old 5400's (it wouldn't be surprising if the were
      better).

      > and the read write performace was not much slower then 7200 rpm with
      > larger disks since the data is packed so close together on the disk
      > platter.
      ? If the disks have the same density, the 7200 RPM one should read
      72/54 times as fast once the reading/writing starts, no?

      Cheers.
      Jim
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic