28944Re: [linux-dell-laptops] internal hard drive DELL800 latitude

  • bil
    Dec 14, 2008
      I remember reading some battery performanace tests, from Phronix I think, that
      said 5200 rpm provided better life and the read write performace was not much
      slower then 7200 rpm with larger disks since the data is packed so close
      together on the disk platter. They also did not see any battery life
      increase with solid state drives.

      On Saturday 13 December 2008 11:20:19 pm kiyer25 wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > My 80 GB 7200 rpm internal hard drive (hitachi) died (just 3 year and 1
      > month). I would like to buy a internal hard drive which is reliable and
      > best one with reasonable price as well.
      >
      > I am looking for 160 GB with 5400 or 7200 hard drive.
      >
      > It is IDE 2.5, ata 100, 8MB buffer. Really appreciate suggestion and
      > any inputs to buy a new approbriate internal hard drive for my DELL800.
      >
      > Thanks a lot
      >
      > cheers
      > kris
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic