28938Re: internal hard drive DELL800 latitude

  • kiyer25
    Dec 13, 2008
      Hi Ardell Faul,

      Seems you are frustrated or trying to blame everyone who is having
      the internal hard drive with large size.

      I did asked for the suggestion and recommendation with respect to
      buying internal hard drive approbriate to my laptop.

      Your reply neither help or useless with respect to my question, it
      would much more appreciate and valued if you give me the suggestion
      to buy right one with either low or higher size or rpm rather than
      critise them without even knowing individual needs. Seems that your
      lack of understanding.

      hope you will get little matured and civilized in replying
      appropriate to the questions or needs.

      have a good day (try to cool yourself down)

      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Ardell Faul <ardell@...>
      > For what it's worth, I see a lot of failed hard drives in the
      > repair business, and my experience has been that the drives most
      > to fail are the ones over 100Gbyte. In fact, I don't think I have
      > had to replace a drive in the 40 to 80 Gbyte range. And almost
      > exception, the drives I see in laptops almost never have anything
      > even 40 gbytes of data in them. Anybody who downloads and carrys
      > 160 Gbytes worth of important data in a laptop is being foolish.
      > foolish. They are just asking for it, and they usually get it. I
      > understand why anybody would even WANT to put a very large hard
      drive in
      > a laptop. If you want to collect a lot of music or video, an
      > backup drive or a desktop drive is a much more sane choice. It is
      > plain stupid to carry around a laptop with a lot of data stored in
      > hard drive. One slip of the hand, or a good solid thump under the
      > where the hard drive is, and you can kiss all your data goodbye.
      > I guess it is the Geek Squad blurb, you know--put in a 160 Gbyte
      > drive, 2 gigs of memory, and flash the BIOS and you will have a
      > screaming machine.
      > What a bunch of shit that is.
      > Ardell Faul
      > Computer Monitor Service Inc.
      > Ardell's Laptop and PC Repair
      > 10816 E. Mission Ave.,
      > Spokane Valley, Wa. 99206
      > ardell@...
      > 509-891-5188
      > kiyer25 wrote:
      > > Hi all,
      > >
      > > My 80 GB 7200 rpm internal hard drive (hitachi) died (just 3 year
      and 1
      > > month). I would like to buy a internal hard drive which is
      reliable and
      > > best one with reasonable price as well.
      > >
      > > I am looking for 160 GB with 5400 or 7200 hard drive.
      > >
      > > It is IDE 2.5, ata 100, 8MB buffer. Really appreciate suggestion
      > > any inputs to buy a new approbriate internal hard drive for my
      > >
      > > Thanks a lot
      > >
      > > cheers
      > > kris

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic