28914Re: [linux-dell-laptops] latitude d820 battery problem

  • ken
    Sep 5, 2008

      On 09/05/2008 03:28 AM Alwin Gupta wrote:
      > Hello,
      > Though this is not directly related to linux, but still appreciate
      > suggestions.
      > My 1.4yrs old latitude laptop battery suddenly stopped working
      > yesterday. It was working fine uptil now and was giving good backup.
      > Now, the laptop is not working on battery at all and on pulling off the
      > adaptor supply it immediately goes off. In the bios setup, in battery
      > info section for primary battery it says "the system cannot communicate
      > with this battery" (I do not have any secondary battery installed), and
      > in battery status, it shows this battery 97% charges and status as
      > charging. The charge status LED on the back of the battery shows all
      > five green when adaptor is connected, and none without the adaptor.
      > What could be the reason? It is the battery which has gone bad or
      > something on the board?
      > Thanks,
      > Alwin

      Yeah, it does seem like something on the motherboard is bad. I had the
      same problem with my i600m years ago-- right after the warrantee period
      was over-- and the motherboard had to be replaced. Since then it's been

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic