28880Re: [linux-dell-laptops] webcam recommendations?

  • Tessier Alexandre
    Apr 23, 2008
      uteck a écrit :

      > I was just watching a show that talked about video conferencing with Skype.
      > There are only a few cameras that are supported and you need the MS version
      > of Skype for it to work.

      That's wrong, I just test it:
      - with integrated webcam (Dell XPS M1330) it works
      - with external webcam (Logitech QuickCam pro 4000) it works.
      I think it works with all webcam that works with linux.
      I don't use skype, i prefer ekiga (it is opensource and it uses
      standards h323, sip...)

      Alex.

      --
      http://www.univ-orleans.fr/lifo/Members/tessier/