28863Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Issue with my Inspiron E1505 Battery.

  • DblMtn
    Mar 26, 2008
      Doesn't the e1405 use a lithium-ion battery? If so, don't drain the
      battery. You will only shorten the life of the battery.

      If the battery is ni-cad, drain to prevent the battery developing a

      On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 07:08:58 -0500, Santhana Krishnan Boopalan
      <santhanakrishnan.b@...> wrote:

      > Dear all.
      > I have been using a DELL inspiron E1505(6400) since Aug 06. I use
      > Ubuntu.
      > I usually drain my battery once in 3 weeks/a month. the same way, I
      > let my battery drain and slept off on friday (21/3). On saturday I
      > noticed that the battery now has 0% charge. and It doesnt get charged
      > after that.
      > 1. I use a 65 W adapter, tried using a 90W adapter. -> No result.
      > 2. The terminals of the battery are at 12.88 V DC, when the AC power
      > is switched on, I didnt check the current flow though. I.E. the
      > battery starts to charge but the charging happens only for a about
      > 20-30 seconds. and after that it stops.
      > any ideas of what I need to before I go in for a new battery would be
      > very helpful.
      > thanks in advance.
      > -santhana.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic