28862Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Issue with my Inspiron E1505 Battery.

  • Ardell Faul
    Mar 25, 2008
      Draining Lithium Ion battteries is a bad idea. Lithium Ion does not
      suffer from the memory loss associated with Nickle Cadmimum batteries,
      where discharging them would "reset" the molecules because they forgot
      how to take a charge after a while. When you drain a li-ion battery,
      all you are doing is shortening its life.

      You need a new battery. DON'T periodically discharge it, in fact, it
      should be kept well charged whenever possible. I leave the units I have
      for sale plugged in all the time. The batteries have internal circuitry
      to regulate the charge current, and when they are full, they simply stop
      taking any more current.

      Ardell Faul
      Computer Monitor Service Inc.
      Ardell's Laptop and PC Repair