28781Re: Dell 1370 WLAN and Xandros 3.03

  • foundprophet87
    Jul 6 9:41 AM
      With ndiswrapper, more than likely, parts of your OS still won't "see"
      the wireless card because it's not defined as an ethernet device
      (/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ on Red Hat based-distros). See the
      instructions on the ndiswrapper site (Configure Interface section)
      about how to control your card:
      http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/joomla/index.php?/component/option,com_openwiki/Itemid,33/id,installation/

      I have noticed that the NetworkManager and Network Monitor applets
      included with Red Hat Enterprise 5 both recognize the wireless card
      once I start it up using the instructions above.

      3nj0iZ!

      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "upshaw1971"
      <upshaw1971@...> wrote:

      > All,
      >
      > I recently installed Xandros Linux 3.0.3 on my Dell Latitude D610.
      >
      > I have it set to dual boot between XP Pro and Xandros. Everything
      > went fine, except Xandros does not see my Dell 1370 Wireless LAN card.
      >
      > It sees my Ethernet card, and I can connect through it, and my
      > wireless works in XP Pro.
      >
      > I tried NDIS Wrapper with the bcmwl5.inf driver, but the wireless card
      > still does not show up in my Network Control panel.
      >
      > Any help would be greatly appreciated, as i would like to move
      > completely away from XP, but can't until my wireless works!
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Trent

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic