28770Re: [linux-dell-laptops] i8200 + fedora 2 = backlight will stay on

  • Peter Teuben
    Jul 4, 2007
      On [Thu May 20 13:32], Reza Naima wrote:
      > After switching from redhat9 to fedora 2, i noticed that although the
      > screen goes black, the backlight doesn't turn off. i've done some
      > googling, but nothing has turned up so far. I'm not sure if it has to
      > do with the kernel upgrade to 2.6 or the xfree to x.org migration.
      >
      > I've also noticed that when i switch to text mode
      > after using X, the characters in the text mode become mutated and
      > illegible. Anyone else experience this?

      first of all, FC2 is so old (and insecure) that you probably should not
      use it. However, I have only been able to use FC5 in a proper way
      (e.g. suspend works etc.). Both FC6 and FC7 do not work. The X server
      that comes with Ubuntu does properly suspend, but although FC7 now uses
      the same, I still have a problem with its settings. Perhaps as one
      reader suggested, it is something with the DPMS, as I also noticed a
      white screen when I tried to suspend... But as said, Ubuntu (V7.04)
      seems to have gotten it right.

      - peter
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic