28767Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Inspiron

  • keith001@vif.com
    Jun 23, 2007
      On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 18:39:01 -0400
      Arthur Raynolds <ARdiver@...> wrote:

      > I am interested in ordering a Inspiron 640m Dual with Ubunto as the OS.
      > Is this doable?

      I'm typing this right now with latest unstable debian on a 640m, so
      Ubuntu shouldn't be that different.
      Everything works so far, incl. suspend to ram/disk.
      Wifi 3945 works with non-free driver (but Ubuntu doesn't care about
      unfreeness of the kernel, so the drivers should be there...)

      > machine I'm intending to get. When it is ready to use, the machine when
      > will have Ubunto>VMware>windows xp, in that order. I do not want vista!

      2003 undere vmware works fine, with 1400x900 resolution and all.

      Enjoy!
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic