28719Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Inspiron 510m boot problem

  • Jim Diamond
    May 4, 2007
      On Fri, May 4, 2007 at 14:15 (-0000), Alwin Gupta wrote:

      > Hi,

      > Though this is not directly related to linux, but would appreciate any
      > kind of help.

      > I have a inspiron 510m, which is around 2.5 years old (running fedora
      > core 2). It was working perfectly fine till now, but today it hanged 3
      > times and now it not booting up. On pressing power button power,
      > hard-disk LED comes up along with keyboard LEDs (but without any
      > activity on LCD screen) and then everything goes off. During this time
      > processor fan also seem to work. I tried this a number of times and
      > one time I was able to get into BIOS setup, but while browsing the
      > setup setting it again hanged. Battery is also fully charged, and I
      > also tried with and without AC adapter, but that also doesn't work.
      > What could be the problem, any ideas?

      Alwin,

      as someone else suggested, check your memory (if you can).

      Your symptoms sound reminiscent of mine when the mobo in a D600 rolled
      over and died... I hope for your sake it is your memory!

      Jim
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic