28718Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Inspiron 510m boot problem

  • L.V.Gandhi
    May 4, 2007
      Check the memory.

      On 5/4/07, Alwin Gupta <alwingupta@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      Though this is not directly related to linux, but would appreciate any
      kind of help.

      I have a inspiron 510m, which is around 2.5 years old (running fedora
      core 2). It was working perfectly fine till now, but today it hanged 3
      times and now it not booting up. On pressing power button power,
      hard-disk LED comes up along with keyboard LEDs (but without any
      activity on LCD screen) and then everything goes off. During this time
      processor fan also seem to work. I tried this a number of times and
      one time I was able to get into BIOS setup, but while browsing the
      setup setting it again hanged. Battery is also fully charged, and I
      also tried with and without AC adapter, but that also doesn't work.
      What could be the problem, any ideas?

      Thanks,
      Alwin

      --