28710Re: Latitude C400 Overheating+Slowdown under Debian Etch

  • artyomtnk
    Apr 20, 2007
      Hello,

      I had found the solution for clock control according
      to the temperature of the CPU.

      I had to load following modules:

      speedstep_ich
      cpufreq_stats
      cpufreq_powersave

      and then I had installed cpufreqd that had given me the solution

      I just adjusted a little temperature ranges in /erc/cpufreqd.conf
      and thats it. Even at heavy long loads I get maximum to 75C and
      the clock is reduced to 750MHz and normally it works on 1GHz at
      temperatures of about 55C.

      Artyom

      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "artyomtnk" <artyomtnk@...>
      > If I was able to adjust the CPU frequency according
      > to temperature thresholds:
      >
      > 1000MHz - 60 normal work low temperatures
      > 750MHz 60 - 80 reduce under loads
      > 185MHz 80 + critical temperatures
      >
      > But cpufreq-set do not work and I /proc/acpi/
      > there is no support for changing CPU freq.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Artyom
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic