      From: linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com [mailto:linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Anna Leahy
      Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007 2:43 PM
      To: linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [linux-dell-laptops] I need a second opinion.

      Thanks. I've decided to install Ubuntu tonight, mostly because their website is the most user-friendly of all the ones I looked at. We'll see how it goes.

      Aaron Luptak <bopApocalypse@ gmail.com> wrote:

      I would suggest getting a few LiveCD's of different distros and trying
      them out. Find the one that a) does everything you need it to and b)
      appeals to you visually, feels the most comfortable using it, etc.

      I don't know if there's a Fedora LiveCD, I would also suggest trying Ubuntu.

      If all else fails, I'd just go with Fedora, since your sister uses it.
      Then you have another resource to turn to (besides forums and
      mailinglists) when things aren't working the way you want.

      Good Luck!

      Do You Yahoo!?
      http://mail. yahoo.com

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic