28464Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: SuSE 10.1 and Ndiswrapper

  • Chad Sutton
    Oct 4, 2006
      I've had troubles on my wife's laptop with ndis wrapper. It came down to a conflict with the Nvidia video card. If you some to the end of your rope with this issue and you have an Nvidia card, try changing back to the "NV" driver instead of the "Nvidia" driver in your xorg.conf file.

      I can't wait for the new kernel to come out for SUSE so I can use the native Linux drivers for the stupid Broadcom drivers!

      On 10/3/06, Gabriel <ldl_66@...> wrote:

      Not sure how to do it on SuSE, on Mandriva I would do the following:

      in /etc/sysconfig/network, add the line:
      NETWORKING_IPV6=no
      Beware! the above disables IP6 for ALL interfaces,

      Alternatively for one interface, in the file:
      /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-xxxx, add the line
      IPV6INIT=no

      Experiment ... I've never had to switch IP6 off, I only figured the
      above by looking at the code of ifup and ifup-ipv6

      Good luck,
      Gabriel.

      --
      Later,