28462Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: SuSE 10.1 and Ndiswrapper

  • Gabriel
    Oct 3, 2006
      Not sure how to do it on SuSE, on Mandriva I would do the following:

      in /etc/sysconfig/network, add the line:
      NETWORKING_IPV6=no
      Beware! the above disables IP6 for ALL interfaces,

      Alternatively for one interface, in the file:
      /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-xxxx, add the line
      IPV6INIT=no

      Experiment ... I've never had to switch IP6 off, I only figured the
      above by looking at the code of ifup and ifup-ipv6

      Good luck,
      Gabriel.

      Roy Beals wrote:

      > Hello All Again,
      >
      > In further testing, ndiswrapper is working and it recognizes the
      > driver for the Dell 1390 WLAN Mini-Card. The problem I am down to is
      > the messages in dmseg is:
      > wlan0: no IPV6 routers present
      > wlan0: no IPV6 routers present
      >
      > I have a linksys WRT54g router.
      >
      > I believe I have to turn off the IPV6, but I am not sure where.
      >
      > Can someone help
      >
      > TIA
      >
      > Roy (Slowandgo)

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic