28448Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Dell E1705 and Dell B130 with Linux

  • Chris Fox
    Sep 18, 2006
      christopher_thacker wrote:

      >Dell E1705 and Dell B130 with Linux:
      >
      >I am thinking about getting one of these two laptops for my mom.
      >Anyone have any experience running Linux on either (or both) of them?
      >
      >I use MEPIS 3.43 (kernal 2.6.15).
      >
      >I have heard that Dell laptops and Linux do not get along very well,
      >so I joined this group to find out more information.

      On the contrary, Linux gets along so well with Dell laptops that traffic
      on this list has slowed to a crawl in the last year .. people are having
      so few problems.

      I have an old Latitude CPi with a 366 MHz PII processor maxed at 256 MB
      and it runs Linux like a dream. And Windows version more recent than
      W2K would be glacial on it. And everything works.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic