28248Re: wireless problems, dell truemobile 1150

  • afrocentric18
    May 6, 2006
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Ardell Faul <ardell@...> wrote:
      > You might have a bent pin on the edge connector inside the laptop.
      > a bright light and see if you can tell from the outside. Or if you are
      > so inclined, you can take the keyboard off and check it out from the
      > top. I have also seen instances where the pin gets pushed back through
      > the plastic base and detaches from the motherboard. That is a
      > repair and involves some delicate soldering.
      > Ardell Faul
      > Laptop Computer & Monitor Repair
      > 10816 E. Mission Ave.,
      > Spokane Valley, Wa. 99206
      > ardell@...
      > 509-891-5188

      Thank you for the response.
      There are no missing pins.
      Any other suggestions would be helpful.

      Maybe something is wrong with the card itself.
      But maybe not. When the OS boots up and I insert the card, the screen
      reads that a PCMCIA card was inserted into slot 0, so it is decting
      something. But still, it is as if the card is not there because Kwifi
      will not read it, and Iwconfig tells me no wireless extensions.

      I am so frustrated.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic