28209Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Screen Resolution on Dell Latitude D510

  • Alexander Toresson
    Apr 20, 2006
      If the resolution of the tft is 1024x768, there's no way to get a
      higher resolution. Unlike crts, tfts have a static resolution that
      can't be changed. If they are asked to go into a lower resolution they
      simply scale it up to the correct scale, but the pixels are still the
      same size and amount as in the highest resolution it's capable of. At
      most you could get 1280x1024 downscaled to 1024x768 in software, but
      I'm not aware of any way of doing that.

      Regards, Alexander Toresson