278[linux-dell-laptops] Re: Linux on XPi P133ST

  • Hugh Eland
    Jan 3 5:51 AM
      Hi Neil,

      A bit more experimentation has produced results - The CDROM drive I am using
      suddenly sprung into life when powered externally - it says clearly that is
      can be powered from the PCMCIA.........

      I think this is now a hardware issue - sorry about any confusion and many
      many thanks for your help.

      Hugh

      >I know dell have a decent card manager type program you can get from their
      >website but which helps installation of PCMCIA. Are you saying they might
      be
      >disabled at BIOS level ?
      >
      >But why install windows if you want to use linux ? I don't quite get it. Or
      am I
      >missing something ?
      >
      >Neil

      >Want to send money instantly to anyone, anywhere, anytime?
      >You can today at X.com - and we'll give you $20 to try it! Sign
      >up today at X.com. It's quick, free, & there's no obligation!
      >http://click.egroups.com/1/332/3/_/4243/_/946901073

      >-- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=linux-dell-laptops&m=1

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic